Monday, March 16, 2009

iPhone 3G tethering officially on its way

official iPhone 3G tethering plan

After several rounds of rumors about an official iPhone 3G tethering plan, it seems that AT&T finally decided to offer a tethering plan for 3G users. In an interview today with Michael Arrington of TechCrunch, AT&T Mobility President and CEO Ralph De La Vega said the company is working with Apple to let the iPhone serve as a tethered wireless modem for laptops “soon”.


What does “soon” mean exactly? I don’t know but I think it’s about time that AT&T offers such a plan for business users that had been requesting this since the 3G came out a few months ago. Also unknown is the cost of this future data plan. I can’t imagine it being under $40/month.


Our jailbreaker friends out there know that there are a couple alternatives to tether your iPhone. The first on is iPhoneModem, which I haven’t tried myself. The second option is PDAnet, which I reviewed before. Both apps are free but are against AT&T TOS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment